About us

The Association for Saving Pardubice Mansion  was founded on 30th July 2011 but its founders are had been involved in this issue for several years. Among their achievements so far we can mention having the Mansion officially declared one of the town´s monuments, keeping contact with descendants of the previous owners or the search and finding of the original wooden ceiling, followed by the efforts to restore it in its place.

The aims of the Association are to try and save, restore and start new life of the building.

If you share our ideas and like our goals, please, contact us and become a member of Civic Association for Rescue of Pardubice Mansion!

Founders of ASPM:

Tomas Novotny – President of Association

He was born in 1985 in Sternberk, but has lived in Pardubice for his whole life. He has been interested in Pardubice Mansion since 2004, when he graduated at the Business Academy. Since this year, he has spent a substantial part of his free time on the issues of the villa. He also studied at the Janáček Academy of Performing Arts in Brno – specialized in Musical acting. He appears especially on stages of theatres in Prague, Brno, Ostrava and Pardubice.
He is especially proud of his friendship with count Karel Larisch-Mönich – last descendant of this family, who lives in the Czech Republic.

Jiří Kotyk – vicepresident for history

Born in 1946 in Pardubice.  Historian and university teacher of the University of Hradec Králové, the president of the Pardubice group of Masaryk society. He has devoted a lot of his time to the Pardubice region as the main editor of the News of Club of Pardubice Supporters.  In 1995 he published the book „The Portraits of Pardubice“, in 1993 „Pardubice Then and Now“  and a monography named „F. K. Potěšil“ in 2009. As a member of the expert commitee of ČBK he published „The Controversy of Jan Hus´s Trial Revision“. He is interested in the issues of Czech fascism, the  Heydrich era in Pardubice and the illegal trials of the 50s.
He also published „The Story/History of Pardubice Mansion Between 1885 – 1937“.

Ing. Jiří Horák

Comments are closed.